Sunday, March 12, 2006

Robot Fightin' coming up



I see there's another big fighting robot event coming up. From the Battle Beach website:
In partnership with Embry Riddle Aeronautical University , Battle Beach is pleased to announce that their next robot combat event, Battle Beach 4, will be held on April 8th and 9th, 2006 at the Volusia County Fairgrounds in Deland, Florida. This is the Robot Fighting League's Southeast Championships and an RFL National Championship Qualifier. Since the demise of popular television coverage, robot combat has exploded as a grass roots, family oriented sport, with over 50 competitions held in North America each year.

I wrote about this in an earlier post this year. I've built a number fighting robots with my son Andy, and enjoyed it much. If you want to learn about building one, check out my book, Building Bots. Click on the link at right for info. --->

No comments: